NephilimLs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NephilimLs: FFXI Phoenix EU End Game Ls

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basic Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dooom
Think of one for me someone, I don't know what to pick ; ;
Dooom

Male
Number of posts : 281
Job/hobbies : All of the above
Registration date : 2007-11-26

Basic Rules Empty
PostSubject: Basic Rules   Basic Rules Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 1:47 am

General Rules of conduct
  1. Be on time to events. All events will be advertised beforehand on both forums and the LS message. If you expect to be late or can’t attend, let a leader know, preferably on the forums.
  2. Do your research and read up on the tactics on this forum. Sky isn’t really like Limbus or Dynamis with unusual rules and the like, but having people who know what to expect from monsters makes life much easier for all involved. Likewise, half the challenge of Sky is reaching the monsters, so read up on the guides for this.
  3. Only lot items when told you can do so.
  4. Bring sneak and invisible items! Sky is full of magic aggro as well as sound and sight aggro, so you cannot rely on mages to sneak/invis you.
  5. New members will be placed on a trial period of 3 events. During this time they will still build up points through farming and events, but cannot bid on god drops unless they go free lot to the whole LS.
  6. More than anything though, try to enjoy yourself while following the above rules. Just because we take things seriously doesn’t mean we don’t want to have fun; rather, these rules are in place to help make sure people enjoy events and that they’re successful. After all, wiping to Ulli because someone can’t follow orders is no fun.

Treasure:
  1. All god drops will be distributed on a points and silent auction system The intention is to reward hard work, and allowing people to place their own value on items. Furthermore, most points will be obtained through farming runs.
  2. You must be able to wear/use something immediately if you wish to lot on it.
  3. Money items will be sold by the leaders and split between all members present at the god run it dropped from.
  4. Money items will first be offered to LS members for 90% of the price of the last AH transaction.

2. 1 point for arriving on time to an event
  3. 2 points for staying until the end of an event
  4. 1 point per god defeated
  5. 3 points per pop item obtained
- Edit, 16/12/07 - note that this excludes "seals" used to pop Kirin.

Extra info
  1. Points may also be awarded for other activities that benefit the LS, such as searching for a Curtana.
  2. Points for gods defeated and pop items obtained apply to all LS members present at an event, not just the party/alliance who defeats it.
  3. Points are set up in this way to encourage people to attend farming runs, rather than just god fights.
  4. You cannot "donate" your points to another person, nor can you allow someone else to lot on an item you win the bid for. People have to earn items themselves, rather than club together their points.

Bidding/ Obtaining items:
  1. Players may only obtain a god drop once. An exception to this may be granted if someone with NQ abjuration armour obtains a –1cursed item and wishes to uncurse it into HQ armour.
  2. You can not place bids for a god run if you missed the farming runs prior to the god run. We usually have 1-3 farming runs before we do gods/kirin. If you can't make it due to RL, post it in the schedule forum asap, otherwise you'll be noted as "absent without a reason". If you are online but don't show up, or not online with no warning, you are being noted as "absent without a reason". If it happens too often that you can not show up "due to RL", you will be noted as absent as well.
    When being noted as "absent without a reason", you can not place your bid and thus can not obtain items other than free lot.
    This translates to: Show up to the farming runs as much as possible. If you can not show up on a regular basis, maybe you should ask yourself if this linkshell's schedule is any good for you after all.
  3. Silent auctions will take place through the forum PM system. A week’s notice will be given before a god run. From that time, LS members have up until 24 hours before the god run to PM a named leader(s) with their bid. For example, a god run is scheduled, including a Byakko pop. I want his Haidate, so I send a PM to the leader(s) appointed as being in charge of points/bids for that run saying what I want, and how many points I’m willing to spend on them if they drop. E.g., “Hi, I’d like to bid 250 points on Byakko’s Haidate please”
  4. You can only spend points you have, and only bid up to your current point total. If you have 250 points, you cannot bid 150 points on one item and 200 on another in the hope that only one of them drops; but, you could bid 125 points on them both.
  5. Points will only be spent when you successfully obtain an item. There is no cost for placing a bid and being unsuccessful either because the item didn’t drop, or someone out-bids you.
  6. There is no minimum or maximum number of points that can/must be bid on an item. A bid of 1 point is still a legitimate bid, and could be enough to stop an item going free lot.
  7. If no one bids on an item, it goes free lot, initially to people who can use/equip it, but if none of those people want it, it goes free lot to the whole LS. Lotting a free lot item will not cost you any points.
  8. In addition, you need to be present on your own character to lot on the bidded items you won. Inviting friends to come over so they can lot in your stead is not done. Having someone else play your character during events is not done either. When this appears to be the case, you will be penalised.

Penalties:
  1. Warnings may be given and points deducted for failure to follow instructions from leaders. While everyone makes mistakes, if someone consistently makes them – for example, standing in the kiting path of an NM – then that person is a liability.
  2. Warnings will take the form of a PM on the LS forums. Once a member has received two warnings, they are on very thin ice. A third warning will result in being kicked from the LS.
  3. Selling god drops,such as Kirin’s Osode and Pole, is a punishable offence that will result in point deduction and a warning.
  4. Points may also be deducted to punish people if necessary; for example, for showing poor attitude/being rude to others, or for poor attendance and unexplained absences. I understand people have RL, which obviously takes priority, but I want members I feel I can rely upon, so please try and give notice if you can’t attend an event.
  5. Ninja lotting items is a punishable offence, most likely resulting in the offender being kicked from the LS and in point deductions, depending upon the severity/perceived intent of the ninja lotter.

Last edited by on Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dooom
Dooom

Male

Basic Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules   Basic Rules Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 1:28 am

On registering to the LS forums

At present, several members have pearls, but haven't registered on the forums or posted an app. This is pretty frustrating, as a lot of work has gone into the forums (thanks again Mynas!), and I want people to use them. Furthermore, not registering makes us leaders question your commitment and interest in the shell, and makes planning hard - we want an app posted mainly so we know what jobs you have available. As such, I'm putting into place the following rules:

1. If you haven't had an application posted on the forums, you cannot bid on items. If you cannot access a PC yourself to post it, a leader will post one for you, giving you a quick interview to get info from you. For bids, you'll have to send leaders a /tell; they will Screenshot the tell with your bid.

2. If you have a pearl but haven't registered and posted your application after attending two runs, then you stop gaining points after the second run. Again, for people without PC access, you'll need to have a quick interview with a leader who can post one on your behalf.

3. Until your application is posted, your trial period cannot end - and not having one posted may well factor into whether you pass the trial period or not.

Exceptations may be granted to this if you talk to me or another leader but these will be rare. I want people to use the forums on a reasonably regular basis, and I'm willing to put in place rules about it.
Back to top Go down
Dooom
Dooom

Male

Basic Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules   Basic Rules Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:04 pm

On other linkshells

While I have no problem with members helping out friends in other shells, or doing non-sky activities with other groups, I'd ask that Nephilim be your only Sky-LS. If it's found out that you have joined other Sky linkshells in addition to ours, then this will be grounds for a warning (at minimum). In addition, we will contact the other shells to inform them of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Basic Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules   Basic Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basic Rules
Page 1 of 1